Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

WANTED! 33 sport springs, supercharger, cat bypass, etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportston
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: WANTED! 33 sport springs, supercharger, cat bypass, etc. Reply with quote

I'm looking for some parts for my 33 1.7ie 8v 1994
supercharger (to give it more go)
sports lowering springs
catalytic converter bypass/replacement pipe
new engine mounts do they come in poly form?
also an organ style (floor mounted) accelerator pedal conversion
quickshift kit?
Can you help?
Many Thanks
TomB
sportston
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: new wish list Reply with quote

Car has now been lowered, bushes replaced with supaflex ones and many other bits now done. Still looking for an exhaust, supercharger etc....
sportston
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Talking to myself Reply with quote

I think I must be talking to myself! No-one has answered me. I've ordered all the exhaust components to make my custom pipe. They'll be here next week.
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sportston,

Most of the people on here are more interested in keeping the bloomin' thing going as opposed to 'sooping it up'! Laughing

http://www.ahmotorsports.co.uk/

http://www.clovertechuk.com

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/alfa_romeo_33_styling_accessories.html

Not sure if any of that helps.... but I hop it does.

Bob
sportston
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Thanks Mate Reply with quote

Some good links thanks!
Why not keep it running and have some fun?
So far it hasn't cost me loads of money, just a few hundred quid, to do loads of stuff.
Price of car £350
All suspension poly bushes £200
New lowering springs £40
New rear gas shocks £22
Pipercross air filter £40
Full service £40
New engine mounts and gearbox bushes £40 still one more to do though I'll make one up for about £30 from a polybush
New lambda sensor £45
New exhaust from lambda sensor back (removing cat) £200
New fancy gearknob £7
Repair gear lever gaiter (re-sew the leather) £1
New number plate light bulb £1
So it's still a few quid but not an excessive amount if done one piece every week or so.
Unfortunately the pricey part will be the supercharger. About £3-400 from ebay?
Gearbox may cost another £200 to do myself. But thats a wild stab in the dark.
The rest is just time and effort.
But what a fun car to drive!!!
icky
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
In regards to the supercharger...
I have heard that most seem to put a toyota supercharger on but I came across these while looking to see if the new Mini supercharger would be suitable and they look a bit less bulkier.

Try this site for more info.

www.hi-flow.com/HP5PicSuper.htm

These are for the older MG's and Minis, But they seem smaller than the toyotas in size and you could probably be able to slot two of them onto an alfa engine. One for each bank of cylanders Very Happy
Anything that can get 160BHP out of a 1071 Cooper engine has got to be good. Razz
Although all the pics show SU carbies hanging off them, I would hazard a guess and say that they would work with an injected engine.

Regardless still worth a look,
Cheers

1988 33 1.5 S 8V
sportston
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: more bits i forgot Reply with quote

I've also done water pump for £32
new interior light assembly from old ford fiesta free!
sportston
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: just ordered Reply with quote

I've just ordered a new radiator £82
new secondary radiator fan £77
car got a bit too hot the other day while racing around country lanes! It didn't boil but it got up to about 90c instead of it's usual 70-75. Normal fan is working so I thought it must need a bit of extra help. When it has the supercharger on it'll need extra cooling anyway.
Still looking for a charger if anyone has a second hand one!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: erp Reply with quote

Whilst I guess you know what youre doing judging by the work youve completed so far, whats your goal with the supercharger? are you planning to just strap it on then run the car till it dies, or are you talking a proper conversion with revised fuelling, possible compression changes and all the other tasks of getting a supercharger fitted?

may give people a better idea of what youre after
stedee

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: supercharger Reply with quote

hi
if you get a supercharger up and running without any nasty bangs please give me some info on how you did it
i have got a 33 16v and i was thinking of doing the same, are you going to get a small one so that you dont have to change the pistons( because of the compression)i have heard the engine is quite a high compression to start with so it may be dodgy putting one on.
steve
sportston
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: will do Reply with quote

mine is an 8 valve. I thought it might cost less if/when it goes bang! According to one or two reliable sources, it is ok if you don't overboost it. A recommended max boost of 9psi shouldn't necessetate skimming of the pistons etc. This would be using a centrifugal type charger. I plan on using a centrifugal type for two reasons;
it should be fairly easy to fit,
it shouldn't make the engine too overpowered at lower revs.
I don't want it to wheelspin too easily during normal driving, but I want plenty of extra power if I want to get revving.
An alternative would be to use two BMW Mini superchargers, thereby requiring major mods to make new throttle bodies etc. I don't really want to go that route as I think it would make too much power, cost too much and be a really difficult job.
My plan is to put larger 15" rims on that look reasonably innocuous. So grip will be at a premium. What I want is a sleeper. A wolf in sheeps clothing.
stedee73

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been doing a bit of research into it, wouldnt 1 mini supercharger be enough and how do you connect the belt to the pulley being as the pulley doesnt match the belt, do you buy an aftermarket one and fit it on top of the pulley thats there.
steve
sportston
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: yes probably Reply with quote

one mini one would probably be enough, but where and how could you fit it?
Unless you made a huge scoop in the bonnet, it would be hard to fit it to the existing manifold. so you'd have to fit it to one side and make up a new manifold system leaving lots of awkward design problems whether you decide to fit it to one side or reposition the power steering pump and alternator and fit the charger centrally.
A centrifugal blower can be mounted to one side and use the existing manifold throttle, body etc.. It's just easier. although not the best route for ultimate power production.
And yes you would need to get a special pulley made. there are places that do this found on ebay and other places.
Anyone that wants a centrifugal blower supplied & fitted can contact me on 01621 786390. But expect prices to be easily in excess of £2000.
sportston
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: possible change in plans Reply with quote

I've got a slight change in plans. I've just been given a rather nice but scruffy 164 V6 3.0 with tuned engine. So now the Missus wants the 33! I'm still determined to have a supercharger. Which car though? Would anyone have an LSD for a 164? Anyone have a supercharger for a 3.0 engine?
tempra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
anyone have an LSD for a 164?

164 Never came with them. Fortunately Lancia used the same engines, gearboxes and subframes in some of their larger models which did - it was called viscodrive. Sourcing the bits could be a problem, and won't be cheap.
http://www.digest.net/alfa/FAQ/164/forum2/DCForumID4/1334.html

Quote:
Anyone have a supercharger for a 3.0 engine?

Don't know of any 164 specific kits, but one exists for the 75. If your 164 is 12v it might give you the basis of the components you'll need. Good value but isn't cheap.

http://www.hiperformancestore.com/CustomeSuperchargers.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: