Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Pressure Tester

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Pressure Tester Reply with quote

All,

In the Alfa workshop manuals - it goes about testing various parts of the fuel injection system by use of a pressure tester. This has a dial and 'T' peice on it to allow measuring pressure at certain points in the system.

There are also some available which have a hand held pump on them to charge the system and then watch for leaks (i.e. reducing pressure in the system).

Does anyone know where I might obtain one of these?!

Thanks!

Rob
Sprintervention
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this will help at all but...

http://www.raceparts-direct.com/products/gauges_and_instruments.asp?section=OIL+%2F+FUEL+PRESSURE+0%2D160+PSI

I think that the 160 psi gauge would do, the T-piece would go in the fuel line after the fuel pressure regulator mounted below the inlet plenum. Fuel injection systems run at pretty high pressures so make sure that all connections are very sound...

Hope that I have got the right idea, no doubt someone will tell us if I haven't!

Other options would probably involve some pretty expensive and specific kit. For example:

www.ccw-tools.co.uk/catalogue/parts/VSE210.pdf

Currently on promotion at £219.95 ex VAT

Best wishes
Chris
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: