Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

any experience with Turbo or supercharged 1.7 8v???....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: any experience with Turbo or supercharged 1.7 8v???.... Reply with quote

having recently looked at the pictures of the nice turbo conversions conducted on the carbed and injected 1.7 8v motors.......I'm interested to hear from anyone that has converted a 1.7 carbed motor to a turbo or supercharged application........I like the idea of blowing through the carbs, not going the injected route.......all I know is that the pressure in the float chambers will need to be linked to the manifold pressure, otherwise it just wont run properly, as the fuel gets blown out of the float chambers - aparrently the golden rule when blowing through the carbs........

does anyone do an off-the -shelf kit......or will I need to build everything........

what donor turbos / superchargers and intercoolers have people used successfully........

what sort of power can I expect from a standard 1.7 8v turbo motor........

will I need to reduce the compression ratio?......
Peter D
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Turbo og supercharger Reply with quote

There will certainly be no "bolt-on-kit" availlable for turbo on the boxer. They are all custom made and seems to create a lot of problems.

Nobody has ever told about his own turbo-converted boxer that were running without problems for a reasonable time.

I have a photo of a conversion, which uses the double carbs, but I cannot find out how to insert the photo on this thread.

Why will you use the original carbs? Only for cost-reasons? They will be a nightmare to get to work properly over the whole range after the conversion.

You will need to reduce the C/R on the 8 valve engine.

I have run supercharged for 15 years with no problems (1.5 8V with a Sprintex supercharger and an SU carb). The engine is now sold to a person in Swizerland and I am building on a new 1.7 16V with Opcon Autorotor Supercharger with EFI Engine management. Will be ready in the spring 2007.

Peter D
knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: turbo 1.5 Reply with quote

tut tut......now why didnt someone post this link.........

http://alfasud.alfisti.net/indexe.htm
sp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: turbo sprint Reply with quote

http://www.alfabbs.fi/album_personal.php?user_id=144
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: