Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Blast from the past!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulatwork
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: Blast from the past!! Reply with quote

Hi all!

It's been years since I've been on this forum, it's great to see some familiar old faces like Chris and Scott... and Yik !!! Very Happy How are you all!

This is a fancy new forum you've got here.

Its been a few years since my 33 has lay to rest. Since then my '00 GTI VR6 has also been sold, and I have returned to my boxer roots with a bugeyed impreza wrx Smile I'm about to have an exhaust cut-out welded on so it can make loud yummy sounds like my old QV Smile

Great to be here! Long live the 33 !

paul
previously in singapore
now in boston, ma
yik33
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

Glad you find the new 33 site. I thought it was you when I saw your nick. Very Happy

You find the new Wrex quiet too? My friend put in a Supersprint to his new Wrex. It brings back the rumbling boxer sound to a large extent but no where as loud as those rumbling Wrexes we used to see at PG.

I have to fix a few things in the 16v soon. Have to weld up a small hole in the front passenger floor board ( aircond water got there); replace under-carpet insulation. Will also try to put in a left foot-rest while I am at it. Other than that, the car is going well. The 2nd (& 1st ) synchromesh is getting worse though. Somestimes I get sore left arm after driving. Sad

Btw, 9779 got a write up by Simon Hulber in the AUTOCAR magazine. ( April 2003 issue, Asean Spore edition. ) Side by side to a Subaru STi. Twisted Evil ( The article is about two cars using the boxer engine.) Will try to scan & email you the article. ( I guess you won't be able to get this mag in Boston?) Take care.
paulatwork
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!!

Now you have the most famous 16V in Singapore Smile Definitely save the article for me Smile I'll be back in Aug! Sure sounds like you've got a lot of work ahead of you with the car - as always!

My tool collection has been growing very very rapidly...

My wrx first got a stromung muffler, then a 3rd cat eliminator, and a cold air intake. It's quite a bit louder than stock. This week I'll be getting an catless uppipe (something only US wrxs have to deal with) and my exhaust cut-out (dumping right after the downpipe), after which there will be no louder car! muahaha

Glad all is well Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum