Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

help wit my speakers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: help wit my speakers Reply with quote

Hi i got a pretty dumdum question, but i hope somebody can answer it. I can't stand my front speakers on my 33 alfa, they are complete shit. So i've decided to change them. Im gonna get a good pair of new speakeers from a friend. Now my question is, the speakers from my friend are 4inches (10cm) in diameter, and the alfa ones are 8cm, so if i cant stick em in the original place where can i stick em in. And how do i connect them. Do i just take the cables away from the alfa speakers and insert them into the sony's or what??? anyways im a real dumdum Embarassed in these things, so if somebody could instruct me on what i must do, id be more than happy!!!
james
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you can get the New sonys to fit, then all you need is connect the wires to the speaker, the wire should have a color on one side of the cable, this is normaly the "-" back one. then connnect that to the sony speaker.

I have upgraded my speakers in my Van i could only get 2 screws in out of 4 but thay are a nice tight fit. Very Happy and sound really good. for 6" Very Happy

James

I would have done but i could not see any nice ones, so on the end i went for a 145 QV. Very happy with it Very Happy

But still looking for a nice cheep 33 cloverleaf.
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but what if they dont fit?? what do i do then??
james
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it doesn't cost anything to give it a go. If then thay don;t fit then go and buy some the right size. I would give it a go 1st and see.

James

I would have done but i could not see any nice ones, so on the end i went for a 145 QV. Very happy with it Very Happy

But still looking for a nice cheep 33 cloverleaf.
sudman
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Speaker Installation suggestion Reply with quote

Hey hows things,

Regarding your speakers, make up some spacer rings, or buildouts out of something like 18mm MDF (or customwood or whatever u like to call it), to bring your new speakers out from the door trims slightly. Make these in an appropriate diameter to fit your Sony's, and paint or trim them to match your door trims, then glue or screw them to the trims.

The upshot is you'll get better sound, as the MDF will soak up a lot of the vibrations (no rattles). If your existing spade terminals don't fit on the Sony speakers, just buy the appropriate ones that will and crimp them on the end of your existing wires. You will be lucky to find speakers in an 8cm diameter.

I have 6.5 inch Pioneer splits in the front of my Sud..... first they were mounted directly to the steel of the door (thru the trims) giving ridiculous rattling, but now I have buildouts, and the sound quality has improved a lot. Coupled to my Sony 6x9 inch speakers in the rear, Sony 10" sub and Pioneer CD head unit I now have awesome, crisp sounds to listen to. Suds seem to be really well suited to reproducing audio due to the shape of the rear hatch... promotes a real good sound stage. Anyways......

Hope this was helpful,

Richard
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Think both Sony and Panasonic sell suitable 8.7cm speakers to fit onto the original Alfa slot in speaker brackets. That is what I have in my P4 and they are OK

All the best

Keith
wille
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As sudman said, the best result comes if you put the new speakers to doors but you have to build or get those spacers somewhere. Maybe a car hifi or normal electronics shop can help you. I have a pair of 6 1/2"s on a "hat shelf" or what it's called in english... Embarassed anyway, they with a 12" woofer and 150w amplifier in a trunk gives a nice sound and enough sound pressure.. Shocked
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hat shelf" is correct Wink .

Laughing To be honest with you it's called a "parcel-self" - which is pretty stupid really (ie, for safety reasons one can forget it)!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: