Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

NEW TYRES

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: NEW TYRES Reply with quote

Im going to change my tyres next month.
I have a '92 33 14ie with 185/60/14 tyres, i now have YOKOHAMA A 539.Very good grip both wet & dry for the first 20000Km but now very noisy(35000Km).
Whats your opinion for BRIDGE R720,MICHELIN PILOT EXALTO and YOKOHAMA A520?Or should i stay with the A539 i have (new of course).
Gary UK
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyres are always a compromise between comfort, noise and wet/dry handling I always go for good wet/aquaplaning performance as this tends to keep you in one piece though i have had more than my fair share of rear end shunts (2 in 33's and 1 in a sud with their supposedly dodgey brakes??).

look at the reviews here http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/tyretest/tests.asp
ChrisC
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Pilot Exaltos Reply with quote

NOT Michelin Pilot Exaltos, im sure dave (uk) would love to explain why. ill just leave it as

Wear out to illegal levels within 7k miles
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Michelin Reply with quote

Exalto's are fine as long as the pressures are regularly checked (2.2-2.3 bars for 15 inch). It is true that if the pressures are wrong they really do go bald before you know it. Our Exalto's were dirt cheap anyway, so we couldn't give a Wink .

Check your geometry too, could help.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: