Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

ignition pulse from reluctor solenoids in distributor

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasserspiel
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: ignition pulse from reluctor solenoids in distributor Reply with quote

i've had to rebuild the wiring going from the pulse generators to the little bosche ic box . The wiring inside the distributer was like "fairy floss" - hard to understand how any pulses were getting through at all. My distributer has two pulse generators and these connect with one wire as common to a 3 point plug at the end of a short shielded cable. I though i remebered the wires that had to be common and seperate, but reassembling find that setting it all up as cylinder 1 firing on Top "T" mark on the pully I just get backfires out of the carbies (ouch)

Has anyone a circuit of the twin pulse solenoid circuit from the distributer ?
I'm sure that each solenoid (stator) must be wired the same for the pulse to be of the same polarity, but what polarity will the ic circuit expect for the pulse to be - perhaps thats where i have rewired wrong and need a circuit.
vasserspiel
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: distributer servicing Reply with quote

i solved most of my problem by finally finding (so far undocumented) a assymetrical part which dictates the "orientation" of the distributer when replaced. The removable small round piece at the base of the shaft has a assymetrical "key" that must slot into the coressponding assymetry of the keyway at the base of the shaftway. So small that to the new player it can be missed. Seems to slot in but actually only slots in 180degreesout if installed aroundabout. So the orientation of this is as important as the "t" mark on the flywheel and the rotor firing tdc on cylinder 1.
i still need some info on the pulse generator
Matt C
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called a Multy point inductive pickup which will produce a AC current.
Both triggers should produce the same wave.
It's no different form a Single point inductive pickup, only that it has more than one, more accurate and failsafe Smile

I would like to see a solenoid in a dizzy Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: