Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

headlight

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burgo90

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: headlight Reply with quote

ne1 kno where i mite b able to get a head light as i may need one
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your in the UK right?

I can’t specifically help but you could try an Alfa Dealer or maybe a wreckers. Maybe someone in the UK maybe able to help?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah im in the uk and its just cos one of the headlights failed the MOT cos it doesnt have a pattern but tis also got condensation in it could this b wot is causing there to b no patern if so then if i just dry it it should b ok right???
Lee
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the lense is`nt holed then you can get away with removing the bulb and letting the air dry the condensation to help you pass the mot. If you need a new one Alfa charge over £100 now, but many people here should be able to help with a second hand one Very Happy

As you say the condensation does affect the patern.
Lee
alfamad1970

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: re headlight Reply with quote

hi let me know what headlight you req which side i mean im in south england
phone 07860 861898
burgo90
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems it was just condensation so i wont b needing one thanks ne wayz ill have some pics of it on here tomoz as well
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dave_NZ
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: how i fixed my condensation problem Reply with quote

I had the same problem with condensation so i decided to do something about it. I took the grill and lights off and to my surprise, the lhs headlight unit had come apart. The glass had seperated from the metal housing. I gave it a good clean out and then dried it for a few hours. I then applied silicon bonder to the join and clamped the pieces together, and removed the excess. 24hrs later i had a new light. That was done two months ago and no condensation to date. Also make sure the breather pipe us clear.

Good luck

Dave
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum