Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

My Alfa 33 Track car at Donington this weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: My Alfa 33 Track car at Donington this weekend. Reply with quote

Hi all,

It seems that there was a professional photographer at the track day this weekend. He managed to capture a fairly good shot of my self on track.

http://www.i2idonington.fotopic.net/p33704115.html

http://www.i2idonington.fotopic.net/p33704340.html

I think you would have to copy and paste to have a look.
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Edward!

If I'd have known you were up this way - I'd have popped over to Donny for a butchers.

Bob
Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

I didn't know you lived that way - but I guess it should have been obvious seen as it says Darbyshire on your tag thingy.

There was another Alfa there, but as soon as I got in it for a passenger ride the bonnet flew open and smashed the screen - oh dear!

Mine went really well, polished off a few of those bmw thingies as well as a number of other 'exotic' pretenders.

The trouble is that the better it goes the more I start to spend on it making it go better. Well, better in my mind that is. It's amazing how much faster a car will go when you buy a new part in matching colours!

There is another track day on the 8th October at Donny, Alfa's only. I am trying to get a place but all fully booked currently.

I'm on the reserve list.
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if you make the running - I'll pop over and see you.

Bob
stedee
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you sprayed it lately - looks very clean
how you doing with your other project
steve - the guy who nought that suspension off you
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave and I will be there hopefully on the 8th as it's my birthday. Very Happy
Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

I am still trying to get a place, you don't know any way or any one who can swing me a place. Can Dave pull a few strings? Now that he is senior management!

E.
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I think the best you can do is sit on the reserve list. It would be great to see you there. We've got an owner's club meet next Thursday and I'll have a word with Bill Smith. Bill got full Alfa Romeo hospitality tickets to the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year for Dave and me, through the Owner's Club.
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Looking Good!! Reply with quote

Track pics are very nice, but the most interesting things are your side exit exhaust and your sud/sprint front lights.

Does the exhaust help peformance. I presume you have lost a back box. Do you have an exit the other side too, so that 2 cylinders vent right, and two vent left?

How did you do the lights/surrounds and have you got any moulds etc for the front lights? They would like very nice on my P4 project. I might have to venture up to donnington when/if mine's finished!!

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt,

The side exhaust is not too difficult, I had a large bore manifold that I got off a racer, and drove to an exhaust place that makes up exhaust for you. We cut off the old exhaust and then welded up sections and boxes from the point at which the manifold has finished collecting back into one and went from there. The place I went to in the midlands makes up exhaust on the spot, but I am sure they are not the only ones. They even make up boxes on the spot , which they did and welded sections together as they went along. That way it was possible to have exactly what I wanted, where I wanted it - and it all fitted exactly to the car. The mistake I made was that it originally came out of the drivers side, which is very noisy for normal road use, until I found out it is acceptable to have it coming out on the footpath side of the car. So I cut it and welded it coming out the other side, that is why it appears not to fit exactly as it should in the pictures as it once did on the other side - but it still works just fine. It does seem to improve power, but also smooths it and brings the 16v power earlier in the rev range. Back box has gone and they it does only exit on one side.

The headlights are infact a set from an early integrale. I stuck a curved bit of plastic that I cut off and old 33 indicator onto the end, used some filler and some fine glasspaper to sand the shape I wanted and then sprayed the whole lot with matt or satin black. They are lighter as a unit than the normal 33 units and provide easier access around the engine.

Would be most interested to hear about your P4 project - as mine is just getting underway. It is going to be a significantly modified supercharged track day / fast road P4. It is a little difficult making progress without a garage - but I keep doing bits and it starts slowly to come along. It is mostly stripped and the engine is coming out next. I have lots of race parts to go in - but the thing in shortest supply is time and wifely patience.

Edward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: