Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Almost fatal??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Almost fatal?? Reply with quote

I have recently finished the engine rebuild on my 33 16v. all was well until this afternoon. Strange noise from underneath the car, assumed it was summit hitting the exhautst. But about five mins later the power steering packed up, and the battery light came on. Now if this isnt bizzare enough i drive the car home. They must have funny geared steering racks because it was a pig to drive without power steering. On inspection i found that the pulley wheel on the crankshaft is loose and floppiong about. Bizzare. Evil or Very Mad no nut to be found on the end. The nut has managed to fall off somewhere. I have since found the nut but am confused as to why it fell off cause i did it up FT with an air knocer. This would however explain why battery light was on and no power steering. Is there supposed to be some kind of split pin or summit that goes thru the crankshaft to hold the nut in place? Question well confused. Please help me.

Spaghetti and Meatballs

33 16v elegante Smile
graeme
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Crank nut Reply with quote

I've just done mine and just did it to the specified torque. No pin.
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torque for the nut should be 219 - 242 Nm.

There does appear to be a key, part number 10206020
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: