Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

33 electrical system : macchina di mierda

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeNiTh-PbArM
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: 33 electrical system : macchina di mierda Reply with quote

hi everyone.

On my series 3, the fog lamps and the horn have gone dead.
fog lamps do not work (both bulbs are OK) and when I press the horn I hear that the relay goes >click<, so the fuse, button, and earth of the steering column are good.
studying the electrical drawing, i saw that the wires for klaxon and fog lights go through a "G99b" connector, which seems to be the common point between my problems.
So, where can I find this connector, is it under the hood, under the front bumper, in the wing?
thanks for your help

regards
zp
Chris Notsis
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: G99b Reply with quote

This connector is behind the main instrument cluster - facing you it will be the right hand one (tacho side). I think this block connector has 12 pins so the horn and fog lights may go through here. I know this connector contains the signals leads for the tacho and injector signals (related to the ECU). I also think the horn and lights share an earth in the front end. THis earth is on a different cluster from the ones related to the steering wheel and switches. A relay can still click with a positive trigger, but if the earth to it is broken then it won't complete the full circuit. High resistance or broken earths can cause illogical problems, especially in high load circuits like horns and lights. Check for 12 vdc at the horn and lights and even try to trigger them directly from the battery (in case they are both fried).

Good luck!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: