Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

fast blinking indicator?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: fast blinking indicator? Reply with quote

hi,
I had a weak indicator lhs rear. thaught was an earth problem because the indicator (repeating normally) went weak then brake light goes on.

I went about cleanin up all earth points bolding to body rear of boot which were corroded. also cleaned the male connection to the rear lights which looked a bit dull. the weak indicator only a bit of improvment still a bit weird as indicator dims when apply brake and repeat pattern changes slightly

i then also found one (break light) bulb was a bit suspect as it was corroded in place so i extracted it 9requiring breaking bulb and digging it out) cleaned up the socket and replaced with new bulb.
now with new bulb in (or without) the lhs indicator relay repeats about twice as fast.?

any ideas i am totally baffeled

jonathan
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed when an indicator globe is blown or not working the indicators flash faster. Check the front bulbs as well.
Chris Notsis
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: indicators Reply with quote

Could also be the flashing can (the switching relay that controls the indicator flash rate). Also, check to see if you are getting the same voltage at teach of the lamp connectors - it will be less than battery voltage, but should be similar for each pair of connectors (ie: indicators rear and front, and side).
turkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: indicators Reply with quote

as with above post- I know on my girlfriends car (although this is a current pulsar) the indicator on one side blinked about twice as fast when a bulb was gone. was easy to pick though as all the other indicators on that side of the car where blinking except the dud one.
other than that - no idea.

regards-
david
jobrien389
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: fixed my indicator Reply with quote

(touch wood!)

was falty bulbe in front lhs which got blown in process of sorting out the rears. rear break light still a bit weak so may have to feed it seperate earth from battery.

thanks
jonathan
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: