Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

If thy power steering offends thee...cut it out?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: If thy power steering offends thee...cut it out? Reply with quote

lovely new site by the way.Can anyone help me?
I have finally lost patience with my power steering system. After having a rubber gaitor (?) replaced then fitting a new intake pipe twice, it is now leeking slowly from i think, one of the mounting bolts on the right hand side.
Took the rack off again but the above mentioned bolt seems unacessable as i thought there may be a rubber seal inside where the bolt slides into the body of the car.
Looked up the workshop manual though no real details on taking the rack apart.
What i would like to know is:could i take away the p/steering system and leave the rack in and would it meet legal requirements for the mot? I don't care about parking weight without p/steering as the whole thing is pissing me off no end.
cheers...
Ian
Gary UK
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are you in the UK as I know of a good rack in a scrappies
Ian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: steering rack Reply with quote

Hi Gary,
i'm in Edinburgh a good distance from you i'm afraid. Whats the deal at the scrappies..is it cheap and would they send?
I noticed tonight when i examined the rack that p/steering fluid was in the toothed rack part, the bit thats covered with the plastic cap (right hand side).
cheers
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum