Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

gearbox revision

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex van Wijngaarden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: gearbox revision Reply with quote

Hi all,

I want to revise my gearbox of my 33 1.7 16V. I have a consised version of the workshop manual and it says that I need a lot of special tools. Does anyone know which of these tools I really need and which I can do without

Thanks

Greetings
Alex van Wijngaarden

e-mail:
Alexvanwijngaarden@zonnet.nl
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex.Wrote you a long screed and the link failed when i tried to send it. Yes you can do the gbox without special tools if you are careful.The interlocs and detents are the tricky part .Check not only your synchro ring but also the sliding hub and selector forks asthese wear unevenly and allow the hub to tilt and apply uneven pressure to the ring thus effecting gearchange. AS you remove pieces from the casing reassemble into sub assemblies so you dont forget the way they go together.
Good luck ,Eddie
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum