Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Admin / Kickstart / Keith

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Admin / Kickstart / Keith Reply with quote

Hi

Better start this one out.

My name is Keith and I am and alcoholic alfaholic. I live just outside Stafford and normally program computers for a living.

I landed up using the original discussion app set up by Lucas Lardinois in 1998. When he sold his 33 I landed up taking the app over. Due to a growing amount of pop ups I landed up moving it to this phpBB format.

Car wise I passed my test in 1991. First car I had was an Alfa Sprint (using motorcycle no claims my insurance was affordable). Had that for a couple of years then landed up buying a series 2 Sportwagon 33. Kept that for about 2 years / 65000 miles and sold it to a friend. Spent a few months in Aus and when I came back bought a 75 TS. Nice enough car but I just didn't find it fun to drive. Landed up selling it and buying a P4 which I still have. As I was working in Belgium I also landed up buying a 1.3 lhd series 3 which I still have (if I could get it to spark properly....).

Also have a load of bikes.

All the best

Keith
lee16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Keith. Laughing Laughing
Ken McCarthy
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

OK, I'm game!

I'm Ken and live in Brisbane, Australia. I didn't become an Alfaholic until 1994. First car way back in the dark ages was a Hillman Minx. The car was a 1950's something and the time was the late 1960's. Next was a Renault Floride, updated during its life with first a R10 1100cc engine (and all the disc brakes) then a R16TS 1570cc (I think) engine. That was fun. I also had a Renault R16TS at the same time.

Worked in the UK in the late 70's and had an Austin 1500 (a big car the insurance company said). Then went to Kuwait for a year and drove a Toyota Mk2 - a solid car but uninspiring. Back home in Brisbane, still with the 16TS Floride until I wrote it off when a front tyre deflated. Next came a Renault 12 wagon, a Toyota Celica, a Toyota 6 cyl Mk2 (something about those cars), a Toyota Camry hatch, a Toyota Cressida (where did all those Toyotas come from) and then a 1985 Alfa Sprint.

The history should give you a hint, but of course the Sprint had to be upgraded with a 1.7 16V. The car has given me a lot of enjoyment and surprisingly little pain considering the Alfa brand reputation but is now in need of some rejuvenation, mostly mechanical. So my daily driver has become a Subaru Liberty/Legacy 3.0R and my wife drives a Toyota Corolla (can't get away from those Toyotas).

Next please
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Its my turn to introduce myself. My name is Thanassis and I live in the northern suburbs of Athens, Greece. I work for a living as a computer systems administrator.

My beloved car as you easily guess is the Alfa 33. I was lucky enough back in early 1991 to see the 33 arrive brand new at the family as a replacement of the old Seat 127 my parents used to have.
As I was only 13 years old then, the instant response to my parents decision to buy an Alfa Romeo was ... "is it a Sud we are buying?" Laughing well I guess I was a little late but anyway, I always liked Alfas and especially Suds.

Year 2000 is the focal point for my involvement in Alfas. Parents bought a new car for themselfes, I got my driving license and the 33 passed to my hands. The rest is story Wink

Nowdays, the 33 has another Alfa for company; its a late 2001 147 used primarly from the sister. (I am not the only Alfa virus victim).

Aim for 2008 is to buy my favorite new production Alfa which I fell in love at first sight; Alfa GT Cool . I plan to use the GT as everyday car and keep the 33 as a weekend car.

I wouldn't imagine myself driving anything else other than Alfas. It is not a means of transportation from point A to B but an inspiring driving pleasure.

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: