Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

cold starting

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jas
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:14 am    Post subject: cold starting Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it's the custom K&N set up that I have, but cold starting seems to be a little more of a struggle. The start itself is no problem, instant. but as it grumbles and farts (no choke by the way) there is a sort of short sipping, sucking sound with the coming from the carbs.
I just wondered whether it always did that and i just didn't notice with the panel filter. I guess it's just missing as it warms. goes away fully when warmed up.
I have also started to notice a drop in idle once i've been in traffic for ages. just all of a sudden drops to about 600. never stalls then comes back to normal. Any ideas? I thought it might just be high, underhood temps effecting fuel/carburation.

-Jas
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum