Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Is this 1988 1.7QV worth buying?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
montello
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Is this 1988 1.7QV worth buying? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have been out of the game for about 4 years now and I would love to drive a type 2 33 QV again. I have found a possibility but it has some work required. The bottom is solid as far as I can tell and all the well known rust traps are solid. It has been sitting for about 8 years and has 108,000km on the clock. It will require a full respray and service but I am also keen to replace things like bushes at the same time. Here are some pictures I took. Let me know if there are more things I need to think about before deciding. From what I saw, the tectyl coat is peeling but it is still solid. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Dave

http://picasaweb.google.com/davidkleinjan/Alfa33?authkey=RUQMzVwRrRk
Dave_NZ
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay, I found my old login again. During my last ownership I lived in Wellington NZ, and now I live in Amsterdan, NL. Good to be back!

Dave (Montello)
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's missing a few front end parts. But dude, it doesn't have much rust - there's nothing to decide! Wink
And why did you move to Amsterdam? Confused
Dave_NZ
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the car is complete. If I had a garage I would buy it now, but living in Amsterdam is a bit of a hinderence in this department. Might buy it and store it as-is and work on the living arrangements in the mean time.

I moved to Amsterdam because I wanted to see this side of the world. Still enjoying it over here although the roads are not quite as fun as in NZ. Currently I have a Grande Punto but that is far too boring. Time for an old Alfa again Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum