Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

P4 exhaust

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: P4 exhaust Reply with quote

My latest question to anyone out there is - Is the front exhaust manifold on a non cat 16v P4 different to that on a normal non cat 16v 33 series 3 ?
Question
Paul Doc
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: P4 Exhaust Reply with quote

The Walker manifold I fitted to my P4 was the same part no. as the 16V and went on to the Alfa centre pipe without any trouble - I'd say it's worth a shot!

Paul
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: P4 exhaust Reply with quote

paulhide wrote:
My latest question to anyone out there is - Is the front exhaust manifold on a non cat 16v P4 different to that on a normal non cat 16v 33 series 3 ?
Question

I have never seen factory non cat P4. It must be some UK version.

Tino
Buck Bundy
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Non Cat P4s Reply with quote

Tino,

As far as I am aware, all P4s sold in the UK were non cat. The P4 was discontinued before a cat was compulsory.

I was once led to believe that the need for a cat was one reason the P4 was discontinued. That couldn't have been true then!

Another reason was their appetites for clutches, but mine did about 80,000 miles on one clutch before I sold it, still not in need of a new one. So that can't be the reason either.

Any guesses then? Question

Buck
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Non Cat P4s Reply with quote

Buck Bundy wrote:
Tino,

As far as I am aware, all P4s sold in the UK were non cat. The P4 was discontinued before a cat was compulsory.

I was once led to believe that the need for a cat was one reason the P4 was discontinued. That couldn't have been true then!

Another reason was their appetites for clutches, but mine did about 80,000 miles on one clutch before I sold it, still not in need of a new one. So that can't be the reason either.

Any guesses then? Question

Buck

I might have guessed it.
All euro P4s were with ABS, only UK market had non ABS P4s.
Non cat P4, you were lucky, 4hp more is realy nice.

Tino
Buck Bundy
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Re:non cat P4s and ABS Reply with quote

I wish the UK P4s did have ABS. Mine might not have ended up in a wall! Embarassed

Seriously, a 4wd car encourages you to drive a bit quicker in less favourable conditions, just the sort of conditions where ABS would be a definate advantage. Who was it that decided not to fit ABS to the UK cars? Twisted Evil

As for my little 'off'. a new wing, bumper, headlight, headlight trim, indicator, and foglight were all Wink that was needed to put it right. All found second hand, the wing and headlight trim even in the right colour. £50 to spray the bumper and the job was done. The only downside was that the towing eye took a bit of a knock so I would have guessed that rust would have emerged where it was attached to the body despite the Hammerite I sploshed around there.

Buck
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum