Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Rear Suspension Bushes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam H
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Rear Suspension Bushes Reply with quote

What are the rear suspension bushes that need replacement on 33s?

How would I know they are shot, and need replacing?

Does alfa do a service kit including them all or do they have to be bought individually?
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Rear bushes Reply with quote

Hi Adam .
I am looking at replacing all bushes front and rear with urethane. There are a lot of aftermarket urethane kits around for all sorts of cars,so if there isnt one specific to tha alfa there may be something close enough to adapt with a little machining.Rear has four bushes per side in each Watts linkage and two on the Panhard rod.
Cheers Eddie
lesthegringo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: rear suspension bushes Reply with quote

There are 10 rear suspension bushes in total, two on each watts link (4 links) and two on the panhrd rod.

The whole lot will cost at least 60 quid, probably more.

Urethan bushes are ok, but they give a comparatively jarring ride, and while they will make the back end better in terms of ultimate grip, for the road the difference will be small, and you will end up with a less progressive rear end - in other words, it'll be all or nothing.

My Sprint is relatively good handling wise on standard bushes all round, but just like my 'Sud before it, the back end needs no help in snapping around at inopportune moments. Stick with standard is my opinion

Les
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum