Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

WANTED Front crossmember & trailing links

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RFlower
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: WANTED Front crossmember & trailing links Reply with quote

Slight mishap here!

Does anyone have a good condition front crossmember and both front suspension trailing links?
Dick Flower, Nr. Carcassonne. '94 Trofeo 1.4 ie (F), '93 Imola 1.3/1.4 ie (now for breaking) (F), '91 1.7 ie (GB)(spare car), '86 Sprint 1.5 QV (F). '87 VW Syncro camper (F), '73 NSU Ro80 (F), '99 Fiat Seicento (F)
JetJackson
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I defo have a pair of links, only a couple of years old, I think I have a spare x-member or two, i think I have a 1.5 and a 16v one?

Where are you based?
RFlower
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still here in (sometimes) sunny France. Thanks for the offer, but have now decided the Imola is unrepairable. After all that work. The mirrors and struts I got from you are OK though Smile

I had a meeting with an unlit roundabout with a 4" vertical kerb on a 100km/hr dual carriageway in Spain. I almost made the corner, but hit the kerb and slid about 5 metres up a 30º ramp.

All 4 wheels were wrecked, the tyres burst, and the crossmember and exhaust manifold rode up the prettily coloured cobble stones decorating the roundabout.

I guess I was lucky the roundabout wasn't decorated with large lumps of stone, defunct olive or wine presses, or a nicely painted old piece of heavy road machinery, as is often the case in France & Spain.

Anyway, the car still looks OK, but the frame is distorted too much to consider repair. On the bright side, I just bought a very nice Trofeo, only 80,000 Km, same colour, so have plenty of spares!
Dick Flower, Nr. Carcassonne. '94 Trofeo 1.4 ie (F), '93 Imola 1.3/1.4 ie (now for breaking) (F), '91 1.7 ie (GB)(spare car), '86 Sprint 1.5 QV (F). '87 VW Syncro camper (F), '73 NSU Ro80 (F), '99 Fiat Seicento (F)
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RFlower wrote:
I had a meeting with an unlit roundabout with a 4" vertical kerb on a 100km/hr dual carriageway in Spain. I almost made the corner, but hit the kerb and slid about 5 metres up a 30º ramp.

Whoops, glad you're ok though- shame about the 33

RFlower wrote:

I just bought a very nice Trofeo, only 80,000 Km, same colour, so have plenty of spares!

All's well that ends well Smile

John
08 Fiat Grande Punto Exotica Red
90 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis- Silky white/red/blue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: