Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Where exactly is the fuel pump relay on a LHD 16v?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesthegringo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Where exactly is the fuel pump relay on a LHD 16v? Reply with quote

Having problems with getting the fuel pump to work {the fuel pump has been tested} so I reckon it's time to check the relay- I think it's the one in the passenger footwell with the fuse, but I'd like someconfirmation if possible

Thanks
lesthegringo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Ok, found it Reply with quote

By simply checking all the pins on the relays I narrowed it down to the one in the engine bay just in front of the windscreen.

The problem seems to be that the relay is not being triggered. There is a grey / black wire coming from one of the switching terminals which I now have to try and work out what it is fed by { or more probably earths through} Any pointers in this direction would be helpful.

By the way, is the relay energised only when the engine is turning, or is it energised with the ignition switch to 'run'?

Les
lesthegringo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: fuel pump relay not switching on with ignition Reply with quote

Well, it seems that I have the exact same problem as Mixsynth had with his 16v conversion, and he wrote in in July 2003 asking for help.

I'm going to try a new fully charged up battery, and I'll probably splash out on a bigger one too - the one I'm using is out of my 16v Sprint, and it's only 40AH.

Anyone know what the biggest (highest capacity) battery that I can squeeze in there?

Another quick question - where does the ECU earth? Is it through the casing or through a discrete wire?

Thanks again

Les

PS glad to see I'm not a bloody Arna anymore......
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum