Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Gearbox problem

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristian
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Gearbox problem Reply with quote

Hello to everyone

I have a strange knocking sound coming from my Alfa Sprints gearbox . It seems like its coming somewhere from the differencial area. When you press the cluch pedal the knocking sound dissapears and when you releast the pedal it comes again. Could it be the direct drive shaft bush or primary shaft front bearing. I cant think of anything else because the thrust bearing and bush in the crankshaft have been replaced half year ago also couple of years back have replaced the primary shaft rear bearing with similar noise. I would really like to get some more info before I`m going to take the box once again apart.

Thanks in advance
Kristian
82 Alfasud Sprint Veloce Trofeo
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristian
In my experiance this is not uncommon, especially if the idle is quite slow. If you bring the idle speed up gradually and the noise disappears then i wouldn`t worry too much. Reset your idle to a good 1000rpm. I like to run mine higher. The rattle is usually a slight amount of end float in the input shaft assembly and is more cosmetic than critical.
Regards Eddie
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: