Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

1990 1.7ie Metalic Green

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blueskev
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: 1990 1.7ie Metalic Green Reply with quote

Lack of time to spend on the 33 is making me think that Ive bitten off more than I can chew.

The car is in good condition but has the following issues, most of which have been mentioned on here before. The clutch judders and the pedal is quite stiff, but it does not slip. One of the rear jacking points needs welding, and the spare wheel well has a large hole in it. The exhaust is new but is leaking at the joints and although the car runs well at speed and pulls really well, there is a hesitation/miss fire below 2000rpm. The distributor wont turn in the block to allow the timing to be adjusted.

Since I have had the car (about six months) it has had the following: Mobil oil and genuine filter, new bosch 4 electrode plugs, new HT leads, new dizzy cap and rotor arm, new rear shocks, new handbrake cables and fan belts. I have also fitted a high level brake light and remote locking. It has a working tilt and slide sunroof and thanks to Alex, the drivers door mirror adjusting mechanism now works. I have done the drivers seat mod which made it more comfortable for me.

The MOT and tax are due in January and it has done 115k miles. There is a clutch slave cylinder and spare front wing with the car.

If I can sort the dizzy out and get the jacking point and exhaust done in the next few weeks, then things will look better, but at the moment I'm wondering if anyone is looking for a project and would be willing to give me £600 for it.

I will take some pictures to email if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Kev.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: