Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

ignition on cold starting

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galaxierog
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: ignition on cold starting Reply with quote

My car will not start when cold. My temporary fix is to spray petrol into the air cleaner box which eventually starts it but I realise this may eventually backfire(no pun intended). Alfa 33 1.5ie 1990 Bosch airflow meter Cold start temp sensor changed. This temporarily fixed the problem but it has now come back to haunt me. I have to use my 67 Galaxie on British roads. It doesn't quite corner as well as the Alfa, please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I presume this is a Jetronic injection equiped car. Think they use a cold start injector to richen the mixture. My guess is that the cold start injector isn't being triggered.

All the best

Keith
galaxierog
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only just replaced this about a month before the problem started again could it really be that again are they that unreliable? Rolling Eyes
galaxierog
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having exhausted other options could a loose connection from the starter motor which has also been reconditioned recently cause a problem.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Wouldn't think the starter motor would cause this problem. Disconnect the cold start connector, put the end into a jar and crank the engine (get someone else to do that while you hold the injector) and check that it works.

Careful though as if it does it stands a chance of squirting high preasure fuel all over the place.

All the best

Keith
galaxierog
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something strange has happened After our expert electrical friend a few doors away looked at the car it has started working again. He says that all he did was make sure things were still connected and that he pushed the vacuum pipe home it seems as though it may have been loose. Does this sound possible?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: