Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Lights

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Lights Reply with quote

Hi !

How can I change the lights behind the speedo and the rev meter, and the ones behind the air&fan conrtol panel.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

To change the bulbs in the speedo you must undo the two screws that keep in place the speedo black cover, and the undo the for screws that hold the speedo itself- two of them are at the back of the speedo on two brackets and the other two are under the aluminium holder. Then it is easy to find the bulb.The same is with the air/fan controls. But you will need a small mirror to see by placing it behind the small object holder under the heater controls.

Hope this helps,

Regards

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I've manage to change the lights of the speedo and the rev meter, but I can't take out the fan control panel.
Can you give me more details?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to remove the object holder underneath the fan controls - You may also remove the radio receiver if possible in order to gain access both upside and downside.

Then fit a small mirror and use a small torch in order to see what going on behind the contol panel.

I would not try to remove the whole fan control system as has various control cables operating the front, winscreen, and feet ventilation system.
It may not be easy to work it out with the mirror but i think it is much more safe because there are various connectors of the heating system which may be streched.

We ll wait for your news,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

when you remove the panels that hold the standard front speakers, then on each side of the middle console you will see one screw. Those hold the heater and ventilation control unit in place. When you remove the bolts, you will be able to turn the unit slightly in order to get a better access to the back of the unit where the bulbs are located.

Marcin
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I'll let you know if I managed to do it.
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of lights,has anyone changed the front light bulbs with something better?
I use PIAA Extreme White and the difference is very big.PIAA are very expensive but i have very white light at night (the brightness is close to xenon lights) and more relax night driving.
Dave_NZ
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much did the lights cost. have they lasted very long. i am keen to get some brighter lights for my s2 qv. did you need to do any rewiring. thanks

Dave
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave_NZ wrote:
how much did the lights cost. have they lasted very long. i am keen to get some brighter lights for my s2 qv. did you need to do any rewiring. thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,
they cost 150EURO 18 months ago (very expencive Crying or Very sad,but worth every cent i payed Very Happy ),and they are still working fine.Its was very easy to replace them and no rewiring was needed,simple as change the lamp in a car.
Maximilian
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be too afraid to out uprated bulbs on my car. The lamps are in perfect condition - with none of the silver peeling inside.

If the uprated bulbs damage them in any way it would be nearly impossible to find some like these again.
Rob Currie
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I learned from years of rallying is that halogen bulbs deteriorate with use and should be replaced every couple of years, depending on use.

Rob
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: