Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Boxer 33 Speedo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldo
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Boxer 33 Speedo Reply with quote

Hi can anyone help with where i can get a speedo for my 1990 Boxer 33 16V,
I would appreciate any help on this
Thanks
Aldo

Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi aldo,

When I had problems with the speedo on my car I just went to the breakers and got a whole new dash. These change over very easy as I am sure you know. It means the milage will be different unless you strip the bit out of one and put them into the other. Getting a seperate speedo will I suggest be alot more difficult than a second hand unit.

Good luck.

Edward.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldo,

let me check for you but i think i might have one. more specifically did you want the actual binnacle or the cable part?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldo,

let me check for you but i think i might have one. more specifically did you want the actual binnacle or the cable part? - joey
Aldo
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: RE speedo Reply with quote

Edward wrote:
Hi aldo,

When I had problems with the speedo on my car I just went to the breakers and got a whole new dash. These change over very easy as I am sure you know. It means the milage will be different unless you strip the bit out of one and put them into the other. Getting a seperate speedo will I suggest be alot more difficult than a second hand unit.

Good luck.

Edward.

Thanks for your reply the only problem is that 33 Boxer 16v are very hard to come by in Australia I may have to look at getting somthing from Europe, to get a new one over here it is about $700 AUS.$,
and they still have to get it in from Italy.
Regards
Aldo
Aldo
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Boxer 33 Speedo Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
aldo,

let me check for you but i think i might have one. more specifically did you want the actual binnacle or the cable part? - joey

Hi Joey
Thanks for your reply,my speedo is electronic,it is out of a 1990 Boxer 16v
and i only need the speedo head as it has burnt out the processor,and i cant get hold of a circut board here in australia as they say they are not available and have to buy a complete new speed head at $700 aus $
that is unreal,and it is impossible to get a used unit as not many of that model over here,you said yours was cable drive ?
would appreciate any help you can give
regards
Aldo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Speedo repair Reply with quote

Hi Aldo, easy to fix speedo on 16V. At the back of speedo unit there is circuit board. Look at circuit board, one of the components on board has burnt out. It usually is the small black one. Sorry don't know technical name. It cost me approx 50p to fix mine. Just solder the new one back on.

Regards

Franz.

UK.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: