Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Unbelievable!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamracers
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Unbelievable!!! Reply with quote

Wonderful Car Control!!

Enjoy....
nickus?
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave (Minari)
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you buy a second hand car from either of these two?
Dave
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Outstanding Reply with quote

That driving is taking the mick a little. How much power must be going through those wheels?

I know skylines can drive themselves around corners at stupid speeds, but that is impressive.

Is that Japanese Touring cars? Looks like an interesting league.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT`S what I call protecting your line!!!! I think the Japs have some sort of special event where they do big slides with 1000hp Skylines but that's the nearest thing to loose metal driving on seal that I've ever seen. Awesome
Eddie
Dave_NZ
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is just what they call drift racing, and if you have a playstation you can do it on Gran Turisimo.

Dave
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Do you remember.... Reply with quote

.....The 8 seater Daytona in the Trocadero, Leicester Square?

I actually managed to be top of the leader board on the advanced circuit for about 3 weeks!! Admitedly it was power sliding big american V8, which don't handle at all, but the theory is the same.

I have just watched it again, and it is still impressive.

Nutters.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
GaryUK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not nutters, just me and me old man 'messin' about entertaining the crowds and laying a bit of rubber down at Suzuka before the main race. We got paid 54,080,000,000,006,000,000,000 Yen each (32p, including the 7 pence no crash bonus) and a free mobile Mongolian mountain mighty moist multiple mammoth mammary massage (Mmmmmmmmm for short), that’s alliteration)) from a writhing mass of lightly oiled svelte Geishas for that gig. An ordinary day in Whitey World really.
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryUK wrote:
Not nutters, just me and me old man 'messin' about entertaining the crowds and laying a bit of rubber down at Suzuka before the main race. We got paid 54,080,000,000,006,000,000,000 Yen each (32p, including the 7 pence no crash bonus) and a free mobile Mongolian mountain mighty moist multiple mammoth mammary massage (Mmmmmmmmm for short), that’s alliteration)) from a writhing mass of lightly oiled svelte Geishas for that gig. An ordinary day in Whitey World really.

Hi gary,

just wont to know, what's the weather like on your planet!!! Laughing Laughing as i would like to visit, sound's like a fun place. i'll jump in the colonial viper and come see you ok Cool

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
sudman
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Dave said above, thats known as Drifting, and in Japan there is actually a professional series for it known as the D1 Drift series.

Mostly ruled by Nissans of various types, especially the S13, S14 and S15 Silvias/180SX/200SX due to their amazingly well balanced/suited to sliding RWD chassis and torquey turbo 2 litre SR20DET engines. Also the old AE86 Toyota Levins/Truenos are a much revered drift wagon, just a bit lacking in the power department, the two tone black and white "hachi roku" ones being a cult car in Japan! Not so much 1000hp Skylines either, that sort of stuff is reserved for the street drags usually, around 400hp or so is considered plenty for drifting, more emphasis on setup for the drift cars while the engines almost exclusively use bolt on goodies to produce power! Although, I have seen a Nissan S14 Silvia repowered with a Toyota Supra 2JZ six cylinder turbo mill....

I've got a few DVDs with it on, I can't get enough of watching it, especially the illegal night time drift in the wet up in the hills, and also the night time drift around the industrial areas of Tokyo... makes our boyracers look like a bunch of blouses! When you watch incar views, most of it isnt actually powersliding, they just chuck the car into a corner at such a high speed at times that the car just slides anyway (suspension is set up to do this) and the throttle is used just to control the slide!

Seems its taking off here in NZ now as well, with the D1NZ championship well underway in the North island... we have easy, cheap access to hi-po Jap Imports so its a fairly popular thing now!
sudman
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and yeah, I am drawing up plans to stitch a Sportwagon 4wd drivetrain into the Sud, disconnect the front somehow, then stick a Subaru EJ20 turbo motor in and go drifting!!!! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnboy get yourself along but don't forget your galoshes or failing that a stout pair of walking boots as once out of the Viper you'll be at the mercy of the elements (there's a couple of changes to the periodic table though like the addition of beeyanas that's the element that is the major constituent of the stringy bits inside banana skins, (according to my daughter) and all the noble gasses have been dropped bar Helium as it may be pompus but has a sense of humor.)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum