Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

alfacontrol warninglights ????

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fmh`s33
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: alfacontrol warninglights ???? Reply with quote

hi
i have a 33 1.7 ie and theres a red light on the alfacontrol panel that i dont have a clue what its for. its got a picture of turckey baster or dripper next to it Confused ?
any advice

cheers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Warning light Reply with quote

Hello mate, if it's 'on'. Check the engine oil fast, as it's low engine oil warning light.

Regards

Franz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Warning light Reply with quote

Hello mate, if it's 'on'. Check the engine oil fast, as it's low engine oil warning light.

Regards

Franz
ady_botos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is "on" all the time, and the oil level it's OK, but at the end of the dipstick is a sender unit which I dont have. So check it out if you didn't lost yours as well.
John Hansen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Warning Lights Reply with quote

The dipstip should have a sensor at its end. If the sensor is cactus and you're sure the oil level is OK, you can connect the two wires that go to the dipstick to make the light go out. It appears that the sensors are "fail safe" in that if they malfunction, they tend to indicate a fault. trust this helps.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not sure about shorting it out. Think you probably need a resitor in there. With the 75 if you short the sensor out you stand a good chance of wrecking the "Alfa Control" control unit. Think it is a 12ohm resistor you use.

All the best

Keith
adybotos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the method described by John Hansen, the Oil Light goes out but that big square light in the center remains ON. Plus after I read what Keith just said, I'm having second thoghts. Smile
John Hansen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Alfa Control Reply with quote

Keith,

We've doine the "shorting out" on a 33 EI (or is it IE) and it makes the Alfa Control behave. However, based on previous posts and the problems associated with the Alfa Control, is it a bad thing if it is totally destroyed?
Best regards,

John H
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: