Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Eibach front anti-roll bar

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Eibach front anti-roll bar Reply with quote

Hi guys, I must be getting old as I prefer comfort (so does my wife). I've sold my Koni's now I want to sell my Eibach front anti-roll bar. Originally cost £150. Red and about double thickness of original 16V. Fits on original mounts and comes complete with bigger bushes to fit. Makes car very stiff rounds bends and doesn't lift or dive like original. Still fitted on my car till the weekend or so, if you come down before the weekend I can take you round the block and show you what it's like.

£60

Franz

N/E London
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: I could be interested Reply with quote

Am I correct in thinking you are part of the 'walthamstow massive'? If so, I am very interested, and could meet up, as am on Higham Hill Road. I would be interested in the roll bar, if it would fit my P4.

Is your 16V the three bolt or four bolt shock? My P4 is early, so has 4 bolt strut, so I presume an early type anti roll bar would transfer across nicely.

Give me a call, as I am out and about today, and could collect, with cash, ASAP. 07930 917 680

If you were on Forest Road on Friday evening, I did think about waving, but as I was in my better half's KA, I didn't in case you thougt I was some sort of nutter, which is probably true.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Eibach front anti-roll bar Reply with quote

Hi franz

if matt does'nt have the roll bar i'm intrested in it ok

all the best

john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Eibach Roll bar Reply with quote

Hi guys, it's up to you guys, whoever wants it.

I will be taking it off on Sat pending the weather as I have to fix my hyd tappets.

Matt, Higham Hill Road is just down the road to me. Haven't seen a 33 down there? Only Sonia's 'G60'. 210bhp at the wheels! Don't race her! There is a few 16V's in the area, 1 champagne (mine) 3 red 16V's including mine and a late leather recaro split rim type. There is also nice red 1.7ie with Azev's. My neighbour has a 1.5ie 32k from new. I've seen your P4 down Clovertech. Is it ready yet? What chip and cams have you got? Next time you see me give me a shout. Be nice to meet and talk.

John, I haven't forgot about the manifold and will look at it on Sat. As long as your car doesn't end up faster than mine, I will let you do a copy! Ha! If you buy the roll bar then bring your camera and tape measure with you. I have a portable CO machine so I can also adjust your airflow meter and CO if you want. I also have original ex/manifold going cheap if you don't want to butcher yours - and mint 36k interior with cards.

Let me know either way.

Regards

Franz
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Eibach Roll bar Reply with quote

John, I haven't forgot about the manifold and will look at it on Sat. As long as your car doesn't end up faster than mine, I will let you do a copy! Ha! If you buy the roll bar then bring your camera and tape measure with you. I have a portable CO machine so I can also adjust your airflow meter and CO if you want. I also have original ex/manifold going cheap if you don't want to butcher yours - and mint 36k interior with cards.

Let me know either way.

Hi franz,
it's up to you who you let have it, would be good to sort the CO out if i did come up.let me know?

all the best

john Cool

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, it would be nice to meet up again. It's up to you guys who wants it. I can't do it till the weekend anyway. The only day I have free to play cars is this Sat.

Regards

Franz
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: I bags..... Reply with quote

Yes my P4 is still at Lloyds ( I am writing this from his computer), and technically I haven't driven a 33 for a while, but I do own two, and my previous silver 1.7 'ti' is actually having an exhaust valve replaced currently, and is just outside. Basically all my 3 33s are parked within 5m of each other!!! At Lloyds!!!

You may have seen my silver 33 around the Village (Beulah Road) last year, near the black 1.5ti, which, funnilly enough, Lloyd bought. It is a small world.

Any way, I will be biting your arms off for the roll bar. I have fitted eibach lowered springs, so would match up nicely. Having seen Peter today (the man doing my engine), he seems to be implying it will be putting out around 180BHP at the flywheel. I will need all the suspension help I can get!!!

The cams are billet, and the chip is matched for that profile, but not for the revised heads. Long term it will be mapped, as the existing chip will just about feed the idle requirements.... I saw the heads today, and they look very special, lots of extra valve size and lots of extra volume behind the valves, but within reason. The heads are nearly finished, they just have to get onto the flow bench again, to check the revisions again, and then recheck and mess about some more.

Their will be improvements to the induction and exhaust, and we are looking into the brake options, based around a small 4 pot caliper idea.

Anyway, give me a phonecall on saturday, and I will come and collect. I am at work until 6p.m., but I can collect on my way home!!

Give me a call and let me know. Lloyd says Hello too.

Matt

johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]John, it would be nice to meet up again. It's up to you guys who wants it. I can't do it till the weekend anyway. The only day I have free to play cars is this Sat.

Hi,
if matt does'nt want it, i'll have it,as he asked first.nice guy or what. saturday's the only day i can play aswell Cool
let me know chap.

cheer's
john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Eibach Roll Bar Reply with quote

Matt, as John says you have first refusal. I will give you a shout on Saturday. Say hello to Devon/Lloyd for me. Ask him to make me an offer on my old 33 if he's interested.

What exhaust manifold have you got?

Sounds like you are going to have one fast 33. Fancy going against John, (S2 16V Veloce and really noisy and fast) and me S3 16V (don't know if it's a fast one yet as problems with my tappets, but feels good at low revs '5k')? Ha!

John, you are still more than welcome to come down on Saturday. I have to go around 7-8pm to pick up my wife.

I don't know if you guys are interested but I have a brand new boxed FSE power boost valve. I don't know about power/torque increase but I know that it will drink petrol, approx 2mpg less. I didn't fit it to my old 33 as I couldn't get the original unions off. Cost me approx £65. Take £30.

Regards

Franz
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Eibach Roll Bar Reply with quote

I don't know if you guys are interested but I have a brand new boxed FSE power boost valve. I don't know about power/torque increase but I know that it will drink petrol, approx 2mpg less. I didn't fit it to my old 33 as I couldn't get the original unions off. Cost me approx £65. Take £30.

Hi franz,

mite have the boost valve chap,i'll need all the power i can muster when matt get's his alfa on the road Wink look's like i will be fitting my NOS kit after all. will let you know if i'm coming up to see you,if not it could be next week end?,as a mate is over from praque this week end.DRINK Cool have you got any lowering spring's ,as you seem to be my local alfa part's man.let me know chap

cheer's john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, lowering springs? I have them on my old 33 16V which is for sale. They are bloody low and bumpy but absolutely wicked round bends and very neutral on the limit. About 45mm lower. It's complete and drives perfect, minus nearside headlght. Has lots of good bits on it, like mint 36K interior, mint 36K alloys, 80K on working speedo, near perfect panels & bumpers with headlight wash, new disks, new exhaust manifold (pattern part), new thermostat, new battery. It's a Lux version so has computer and thicker carpets.

Regarding FSE boost valve, according to guy who used to race them he told me with airflow meter mod and FSE you should get around 10bhp. My mate did it on his 320i years ago. Car was faster, but so was the petrol gauge.

Make me an offer on the whole car, with or without wheels and or FSE, you will be suprized what I will take. Drive home take the interior and suspension and swap over with yours.

Regards

Franz
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Sorry Johnboy... Reply with quote

Dear Johnboy - I do feel bad shafting another 33 owner, but I do really need the anti roll bar. As concilation, I do promise to put it to good use. Wink

Once my car is back on the road, we will all have to do some meets. I am intersted in meeting sonia's G60. Lloyd has been doing some work on a very nice G60, supercharged/4x4 golf, but they are not 'that' quick, or particularly forgiving on tarmac. I reckon I would certainly have a good chance in a straight line, but really good around the corners, just from being 300Kg lighter. If you work out BHP/ton, 33s are well up there, especially if you start modifying them in bizarre ways. Our chassis are great handlers, if a little lacking in strength, so could surprise a few people.

Franz - If it is OK with you, I could put the money down on the roll bar at some convenient time before saturday, and then pick up when you have managed to remove it. No rush, but before tuesday if poss, as I spend most Tuesdays at Lloyds tinkering. I work on Beulah road in the Village so i can nip out to meet you whenever is convenient.

Matt

johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry Johnboy... Reply with quote

[quote="Matt Stolton"]Dear Johnboy - I do feel bad shafting another 33 owner, but I do really need the anti roll bar. As concilation, I do promise to put it to good use. Wink

Once my car is back on the road, we will all have to do some meets.

Hi matt

that's ok,you better use it or i will have to have!
when all are car's are finished,we will have to meet up.that's if they ever will get done? as they are alfa's and it's a never ending story?i hope to do some alfa day's next year,as i have never been to any and would love to see what other guy's do to there car's. as for power to weight we should shock alot of people Wink

all the best
john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Golf G60's and Alfa Day Reply with quote

Hi Matt, don't worry about the roll bar, I will save it for you. Pay me on Saturday evening when I see you, has to be before 6.30 pm though as I have to pick up my wife.

Don't confuse the G60 4x4 Rallye with a Golf G60 2wd. I have 2 G60's. 1 show dogs one and one standard. Yes, I agree the 33 16V will beat an Rallye in straight line, corners, easy, especially modded 16v. But with a Golf G60 2wd, straight line, no way. They are 1080kg full tank. My old 33 16V with approx 160bhp is neck and neck 0-60 with near standard G60 which is booked at 7.1. In gear, G60 beats it and top end G60 140mph. I have a 175 bhp G60 which frankly leaves my 33 for dead. Another £100 gives @ 200bhp flywheel. My mate has one with 200bhp. Just pulls away from 33. Lays rubber in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and I mean lays it in 3rd. We tried it at Santa Pod and bloody fast. It's not the bhp on the G60's it the torque. Don't bother with Sonia's, she has the most fastest 'non Nitro' G60 in Uk, about 240/250 bhp flywheel.

Having owned both cars 33 16V is better drivers car. Not as fast but more fluid in handling and much sweeter engine, bad brakes though.

John, regarding Alfa shows, lets all go in a convoy and have a laugh, I haven't been for couple of years, good thing is cheap parts, watch out for the pompous prats when your Alfa is not perfect or original.

Anyway guys, hopefully see you soon.

Regards

Franz
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Golf G60's and Alfa Day Reply with quote

John, regarding Alfa shows, lets all go in a convoy and have a laugh, I haven't been for couple of years, good thing is cheap parts, watch out for the pompous prats when your Alfa is not perfect or original.
Anyway guys, hopefully see you soon.

Hi franz

i'll be well up for that! three hooligan's there should be fun Laughing
just about to take cam cover off again to sort this bloody leak out Evil or Very Mad

cheer's

john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Golf G60's and Alfa Day Reply with quote

hi franz

hopfully sorted the oil leak now, but have'nt fired her up yet,to scared!
fitted the rear koni's aswel, very happy with the firmness. set them to the max,as you had them near max anyway. cheer's chap Cool p.s. when you do your's, make sure you jack it rite over,and then the cover will come straight out,still think you will have to take the cam and pulley out to get to the tappet's though?

all the best
john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John, How's the car? Hopefully no leaks. At last you can give it some!

re: Koni's, why did you put it to the max? Way to bumpy? You have to have some suspension travel mate.

re: hyd tappets. Yes, I know I have to take the cam out, but 99% sure that pulley lifts out with cam after I undo the cam carriers. I am only doing inlet cam as when it runs on 3 you can hear the tappet and it spits back. I think it's only 1 but I bought 2 just in case. Bloody 26 quid. Can't wait till Sat to do it. Shame it's not summer otherwise I could do it after work.

re: FSE boost valve, I dug it out of the shed, still new and boxed. I remember I bought another union for around £1-2 quid which is in the box as the FSE came with different one to 33. When you come down I can show you.

You must see my old 33 16V, weld the underside, change rack to non power for reliabilty and bloody good car.

Regards

Franz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Eibach Roll Bar Reply with quote

Hi Matt, regarding the roll bar. I've sold it! Only joking. It's off the car now, give me a ring when you're ready to pick it up. Free after 5pm Friday. 07730-289-150.

Regards

Franz
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I will give you a call later, and will see you tonight.

Many Thanks

Matt

johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: hyd tappets. Yes, I know I have to take the cam out, but 99% sure that pulley lifts out with cam after I undo the cam carriers.

Hi franz,

sorry but it wont as the back of the cam belt cover bolt's to the head,so you have to take all cam cover off that side as well to get to it,and it's easier to take the rad out aswell to time it up.unless you can cut the back of cam belt cover cover, and slide it out.

As for the koni's you had it right next to max,so i just move it abit,it's abit on the firm side,but i'll live with it for the time being,as it does'nt take that long to change them.

Oil leak sorted at last so happy chap now and speedo seem's to still work.but something will go wrong.

p.s are you interested in some exhaust rap for your manifold?

all the best
john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John, we've got mixed up somewhere down the line, I know I have to strip everything off first as I've seen it done a couple of times. It's an easy job to do. I am only going to change inlet tappets on cyl no2 as rest are fine. The only thing is enough room to slide off cam covers. Going to do it your way as tried and tested.

I've been waiting all week to do it. Can't wait mate.

What pisses me off is I put in new expensive fully syn oil 2 weeks ago, then after reading shitty internet put in hyd tappet restorer oil which did jack shit. So after I fix the engine I will run it a week and change the oil again as the oil is now mixed with tappet oil. I only do about 50 miles a week, what a waste.

I will let you know how I get on.

Regards

Franz

P.s. I haven't forgotten about the manifold

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, 'It's an easy job to do,' me and my big mouth. Yes it's easy but took me bloody ages!!! I put a hyd jack between gearbox and chassis to get cam cover off. Thanks for the tip.

I took both cams out, but didn't take the camshaft pulleys off to do it. When I took out the hyd inlet tappets on cyl no2, I shite myself, as they looked ok. They still had most of the protective stuff on as the new ones have, which confirms it's a low mileage engine. I tried to move them but they were ceased solid. So I put two new inlet hyd tappets on cyl no2 and the engine is now lovely. On start up engine wasn't too good, sounded terrible, I left plugs leads off on offside. Doh! After around 20 mins of being noisy and lumpy oil in must of pumped up into new tappets as car was so smooth after that. What a relief. I am going to bed it in a little before I try it out to max. So far i've taken it to 5k and lovely and smooth.

I have to apologise as I didn't do the ex/manifold for you. If you don't come down next weekend I will try and sort out either photo or a drawing
with measurements.

Thanks for your offer on the exhaust wrap but I don't think I need it as I don't really race mine anymore.

Regards

Franz - 33 16V which now runs perfect
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi franz

just a quick e-mail,
can't come up and see you as i've got to work tomorrow.sorry chap,see you soon

all the best john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: