Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Very Rough

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbennett9
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Very Rough Reply with quote

Please help, my 33 1.7 s3 P4 is running very rough. I posted recently saying it was and so i changed the HT leads and the plugs. It then ran perfectly, went up the motorway a couple of times, came to run it the next day and about 10 mins from home it seemed to cut on to three cynlinders. So i stopped checked all the leads and then it was fine for 2 mins, then it stayed rough. Took it back took all the plugs out and they were all carbonned after two days?

Redid all the HT leads and took the dizzy cap off and there were black diposits on each plate so i cleaned it and the rotor arm, then the car wouldnt start. Finally got it to start and it runs super rough now i think it way be a misfire, i was idling it at 2000rpm and it would backfire every so often, like it was clearing a cylinder.

I really am stuck with this one, any advice anyone can give.

Also does anyone have the firing order for this engine and a diagram of which ones the HT leads go on?

Thanks

Dan B
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Firing order is 1-3-2-4

Check that the distributer is in roughly the correct position. It does not affect timing but get it too far out and it will spark on the wrong cylinder (not likely though).

All the best

Keith
ChrisC
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you might want to change the dizzy cap and rotor arm while youre at it
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: