Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

help with handling/tyres

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speakie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: help with handling/tyres Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently got a 1.7 IE. This is my second 33, my first was a 1.5TI Veloce, which I stupidly sold and replaced with something German.

Now, I am a bit older, and a bit wiser I am lucky enough to have gotten this 33 as a toy. Thing is, I have no clue about mechanics at all(really) but would like to do a lot more with this car.

The first thing I would like to sort is the handling. This car seems to slide all over the road - especially in the damp and cold that we have here right now. I dont remember the TI being like this (though it had been lowered).

How much would a decent set of wheels and tyres help this? And any recommendations on size or type? (in the UK)

Anything else, I should do?

Thanks
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got a set of Perelli P6000's on mine...

Works ok...
Buck Bundy
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fitted Pirelli P5000 Vizzola on my P4 and they were excellent. When I went to replace them I was told that they were no longer made so I fitted P6000s instead. They were not nearly as good, and more expensive as well.

If you can get the Vizzolas again, they would definately be worth a try.

My P4 was the worst car I have had for being affected by incorrect tyre pressures. You realy had to keep an eye on them. Is that peculiar to P4s, or is it common to most 33s?

Buck
John Hansen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Tyres Reply with quote

I currently run pirelli Drago P5000s and they have given good mileage as well as handling. I estimate that I have about 70,000kms + on the current set of tyres on the car.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum