Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Wanted 1.7 complete engine carbs and gearbox

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alainmengoli
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Wanted 1.7 complete engine carbs and gearbox Reply with quote

I am looking for a complete 1.7 8v engine and gearbox for my project car. Must be in good condition, preferrably low mileage with no leaks and with all parts to make it run. Would want it with downpipes, and shafts. Money waiting and will pay good money for recon engine and box. Please call me as I do not check my email that often.

Regards
Alain 07786862697
Mixsynth
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alain

I did an engine swap a few months back - I changed the existing 1.7 carb 8V for a 16V from a series 3. I have the 8V engine but no gearbox, would that be any good to you as a start? After all if it's a project car like a VW Beetle then maybe the standard gearbox would be no good to you anyway...

The engine hasn't been reconditioned but it had only done 64,000 genuine miles before I stopped using it. It was running beautifully (I wish my 16V were running as well!). It has the Dell'orto 40mm carbs with it.

It has the vast majority of hoses, pipes, etc. but I haven't checked recently to see what is still with the engine. It certainly doesn't still have the radiator or the accompanying fan as I kept those in my car (but I have a 16V radiator that might suit you).

If you're at all interested let me know...
16V conversion pics/videos - now updated with extra pictures and explanations
alainmengoli
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but I decided to get a 16v instead chears.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: