Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

strut problem

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtvsei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:04 am    Post subject: strut problem Reply with quote

My car, '94 wagon 1.7IE with Boge strut. So I planed to replace the shock absorbers with Koni. But It seems the strut is a complete unit no seperate shock.....Could somebody give me a advice
Patrick
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: KONI shock replacement Reply with quote

Hi!

You're right: The BOGE Struts are one single unit. Nevertheless you can replace them with KONI inserts (did it myself):

You have to saw off the top end of the BOGE strut and remove the whole damper insert (pay attention theres oil coming out!). Then you drill a hole in the bottom end of the strut. The KONI insert will fit into the strut and you attach it with a bolt going through the hole in the bottom end of the strut (there's some instructions coming with the KONIs telling you the hoel diameter etc.).

You will also need spring compressors to disassemble the strut and be sure to put in new lower spring pans, as they are usually badly corroded.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Patrick
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Not sure but I think that Patrick means the bearings under the spring pan. He's right ,do them while everything is apart.
Regards Eddie
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: