Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Carburettor Setting

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Chow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Carburettor Setting Reply with quote

Can someone advise me to some links which I can get more info? I have change most of my jettings and realised that the idle jets are not within idle adjustments. I think I need to upsize the idle jet. Any suggestions? Its' idling a little too high now. This happened only after cam change. If so, where can I buy the dellortto's jets?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a 55 to 60 idle jet should do the job, i had those in my 45 webers (p4 16V). but the air valves are also crucial.
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
a 55 to 60 idle jet should do the job, i had those in my 45 webers (p4 16V). but the air valves are also crucial.

So wht air jets are you using? I am using the smallest one tI can find. Forgot the reading.
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me the size of the engine and max. power revs, and I'll calculate the jets for the car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo wrote:
Tell me the size of the engine and max. power revs, and I'll calculate the jets for the car.

about 1710cc. Intake port enlarged 2-3 mm, standard cams but considering fast road profile. Currently I'm using stadard 1.7 QV jets. After checking plug at high speeds it seems fine. Upped size of main jet to about 150. Anyway just crashed the 33. Someone came from behind me and hit me at a very high speed. It will be a while more before I talk about tuning the car. Thanks for your help.
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
neo wrote:

about 1710cc. Intake port enlarged 2-3 mm, standard cams but considering fast road profile. Currently I'm using stadard 1.7 QV jets. After checking plug at high speeds it seems fine. Upped size of main jet to about 150. Anyway just crashed the 33. Someone came from behind me and hit me at a very high speed. It will be a while more before I talk about tuning the car. Thanks for your help.

if your peak power is at 6500 rpm then you should use

Weber Carb Settings

Choke size 36
Main jets 145
Emulsion tubes F9/F16
Air correctors 180
Idle jets 45f9 (Weak F8/F11/F2 Rich F6)
Pump Jets 35/40
Aux Venturis 4.5

if your peak power is at 7000 rpm then you should use

Weber Carb Settings

Choke size 38
Main jets 155
Emulsion tubes F9/F16
Air correctors 190
Idle jets 45f9 (Weak F8/F11/F2 Rich F6)
Pump Jets 35/40
Aux Venturis 4.5

You'll probably wont be able to find the choke so big. I think that the biggest one is 32 for the 40 carb. You'll have to enlarge it. I've mange to overbore the choke to a 37 mm and still kept the geometry of the venturi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably wont be able to find the choke so big. I think that the biggest one is 32 for the 40 carb. You'll have to enlarge it. I've mange to overbore the choke to a 37 mm and still kept the geometry of the venturi.[/quote]

Hi Neo. My car is back on the road now. Does such a big choke size affect drivability? And if inlet port is not enlarged, is the bigger choke really efficient?
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serpent33 wrote:
You'll probably wont be able to find the choke so big. I think that the biggest one is 32 for the 40 carb. You'll have to enlarge it. I've mange to overbore the choke to a 37 mm and still kept the geometry of the venturi.

Hi Neo. My car is back on the road now. Does such a big choke size affect drivability? And if inlet port is not enlarged, is the bigger choke really efficient?[/quote]

Hi!

It doesn't affect drivability that much if the engine is well tuned. Maybe you'll lose some engine response between 2000 and 3000 rpm, but after that you will just have improvments.
Bigger choke is efficinet but you'll get a bit more power if the inlet port is enlarged.
If you use a smaller choke be sure to use smaller main jets or larger main air correctors because you'll have to rich mixture because the smaller the choke is the bigger pressure drop it creates and more fuel comes out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remembered reading from some books max effective choke size for 40 carbs is 36. Any bigger is better off with 45 carbs
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: