Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Minari factory RSR for sale

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave (Minari)
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Minari factory RSR for sale Reply with quote

The Minari Factory RSR (Road Sport Racer) is for sale on e-bay, see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29750&item=4565811468&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Dave
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Yep sad to see.

The old red mark 1 clubsport sold recently on Ebay for about £640!

The lovely mint green 16v demo car was on Ebay a while back at a dealers. Looked like someone had 'chopped it in' for something else. Didn't get to see what it made in the end, or if it sold at all.

Has anyone showed any interest in the moulds etc? At £40k (??) i doubt it. a new manufacturer would need to sell 15+ kits to break even.

Cheers,

John 33 16v and Minari 1700 8v co-builder / pilot.
08 Fiat Grande Punto Exotica Red
90 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis- Silky white/red/blue
Dave (Minari)
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John
As I understand it the red Mk1 was the very first one made by the factory. I don't know what happened to it or the Spearmint Demonstrator. Spearmint was the first Minari I saw in the flesh (or should that be Fibre Glass?) It is the only Minari I have driven except for my own of course.
I don't know what the interest in the moulds has been, if any. Shame we cant all club together and buy them, but that would entail 'work' and I don't do that anymore.
Dave

P.S that is John W. son of Mike isn't it?
D.
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Yes I am the son of Mike.

If only I had more room, time, money, I would bid on the RSR. I have a son of my own now, coming up for 1 year, so am lucky still to be able to keep my 'hobby' 33 16v, which my wife loathes!

It's now 10 years since my Father, Brother and I first ventured up to the Minari factory. It was doing really well then, with at least 2 'turn-key' cars being built up (including a white 16v left hand drive), tubs in production, a handfull of staff and bucket loads of enthusiasm.

The silver 1500cc sud based demo was there, but we all got a blast in the new spearmint 16v (it wasn't 100% finished!). Wow, we were all hooked!

On my go, I remember meeting Phil coming the other way in the yellow RSR at a fair rate of knotts!

Regards,

John
08 Fiat Grande Punto Exotica Red
90 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis- Silky white/red/blue
Dave (Minari)
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
I went up to the factory on my BMW Bike. As I got near, this little thing went scurrying past me going the other way, "What the 'ell was that, Oh it's what I have come here to see". It was Spearmint. So began my downfall.
Dave
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum