Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Getting more power from the 33 1.5 engine?!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmmoss
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Getting more power from the 33 1.5 engine?! Reply with quote

Hi there!
Just bought a 1987 twin carb 1.5 33 in really nice condition in Melbourne Australia for $2600. However, my last car was a 1990 1.7ie 33 when I was living in England, and it was so much faster it felt like a totally different car. I am happy for a bit of loss of performance, but it feels slower than it should and I was worrying what I could do to give it a bit extra. Any advice to do this on a budget would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't be much slower at all. Get the carbs balanced and make sure the air filter, spark plugs etc are good. Having that done to my 1.7 twin carb (everything in one hit, tune + new air filter/spark plugs/leads/distributor cap/rotor, to cure missing and bad idle) made a noticeable difference. Smile
GaryUK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye on paper there is only 5bhp difference. Get the carbs set up and tuned (for power rather than economy) and you should easily make up 5bhp.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum