Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Ronal A1's??? 15 x 7 on a 33?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dicko
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Ronal A1's??? 15 x 7 on a 33? Reply with quote

Question Question Question

Ronal A1's??? 15 x 7 on a 33?

SERIES 1 qv

ANYONE GOT ADVICE BEFORE I PURCHASE?

any experience on lowering with these rims??? and tyre sizes//

Appreciated.... RIch Sad Confused Smile Razz Twisted Evil Exclamation
paul D.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Ronal's on 33 Reply with quote

on my series 3 (lowered 35mm) I notice very little rubbing on the outside of the rear wheel arches when under heavy load. On the front side I've had the prob that with new brakepads and discs the brake caliper touched the inside of the wheel..... so had to rub little material away from caliper for clearance wich never gave me probs.

Regards!

Paul D. '93 16V QV
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimal tyres are 195/50 and you could do with 35 mm spacers all-round.
alfistjen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: spacers not adviced Reply with quote

as the wheels are now allready standing wider on the car, the outside of the tire scrubs the outside of the wheelarch, front works with the wheels just aligned with the arches, maybe a very flat spacer could do the job with the brakes in front, but from the moment the pads are used 1mm the problem is gone.
Anyway, the Ronals look great on a 33, they're worth a bit of work. Good luck in finding them and putting them on the car!

Regards!

Paul D.
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics to persuade you!

Micke G
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will fit on series 1
http://www.alfapower.nu/gallery/album83/

/Micke G
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: I have done similar... Reply with quote

Without having to use spacers, and with -35mm springs on, I have got 195/45 R15 A259 Yokos on some rather nice OZ rims on my P4 project. I believe they are 15"x71/2J too!! If I recall they are ET35, and were fitted to a Lancia Dedra originally. The 45 profile gives you a little more clearance, and gives you a little acceleration back, making your diff last a little longer too.

At the front I have about 10mm clearance to the nearest thing which is the strut. At the rear it is about the same, perhaps a little tighter, and is close to the trailing arm, and clears the strut nicely.

Simple advice, buy them. it doesn't matter if they don't fit, they are possibley the nicest looking wheels for a 33 going. They are the right age for the car, right stye, just get them and worry about fitting them afterwards!!! If you don't get them, I'll have them!!!

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Dicko
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Thanks... A-nuts. Reply with quote

This info is great... found a set in Sydney... would prefer the 14"... but...

They may cost me almost a thousand AU. with rubber.

Hmmm

Dick
Buck Bundy
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Ronal A1 Reply with quote

I must admit I'm quite taken by the A1s on the Red Sprint on the Alfapower site.

My 1982 Sprint has a bodykit fitted which I'm not sure I want to keep. The front spoiler I like, but the extended wheelarches look a bit naff with the original 13inch Campagnolo alloys. I can't use the front spoiler without the wheelarches, but now I've seen the A1s I'm back to thinking that I might keep the kit.

Its that old question of whether to keep it original or not.....?

Buck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have lowered the red Sprint 35 mm and with 195/50 15 tyres and Konishocks it is very fun to drive in clubracing here in Sweden.
The engine is a standard 1,7 118 hp with Ansa extractor. The fronspoiler is an original from 1978 and the rearspoiler is from Zender. The bumper is also original 1978. My plans is to mount C&B kams and shave the heads for a lite more compression. The car is even now very fast on small racetracks and Porsche turbos have big trubles to pass me. I hope to get about 30 more new horsepower and after that the car would be a pain in the *** for most Porsches and bigger Alfas.

Regards
Micke G
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum